Insomniac – Manager of Production Finance
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Are you passionate about production finance and the accounting space? Then you’re in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the production finance space. Is this you? Read on…
WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the Headliner experience is our top priority.
Throughout our 25-year history, Insomniac has produced almost 400 festivals, concerts and club nights for over 4 million attendees in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New York, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom, with expansions into Brazil, China, Japan and India. Insomniac’s premier annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the largest multi-day music festival in North America, and attracted more than 400,000 fans over three days in May 2018. The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella, and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.
Insomniac is looking for a Manager of Production Finance to provide financial support and analysis for festivals, branded shows and concerts. This includes working closely with the Finance/Accounting team, as well as our event production and operations teams and project managers to establish event budgets, track performance in real-time and close out event income statements to assess profitability. This position will oversee Production Accountants and reports directly to the Director, Finance.
- Manage all aspects of project accounting, including: budgeting, forecasting, actuals, and cash flow and variance analysis
- Oversee final settlement of events, including settlement of department costs, venue settlements, event labor, and other related parties
- Manage and facilitate preparation of monthly event forecast/actual results, including variance analysis
- Review and apply appropriate accounting policies and procedures for recognizing event revenue and expenses
- Travel to events and perform on-site finance and accounting operations
- Facilitate regular meetings with management and production/operations staff to review the status of projects
- Work with production/operations teams on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting a successful event
- Communicate project overruns with the production/operations teams and management in a timely manner
- Partner with marketing and production/operations teams to improve contribution margins
- Facilitate the training and mentoring of production accounting staff with the goal of improving production finance support to the company
- Audit all co-promoter settlements for events where Insomniac is the secondary co-promote partner
- Help drive timely collection of revenue receipts and cost reimbursements
- Ensure adherence to established corporate policies and procedures
- Maintain adequate support for all project expenditures and provide audit backup as needed
- Review and approve project spending to ensure accuracy, proper project coding and allocations
- Ensure accounting system (Oracle) and event-budgeting systems are reconciled, and any variances explained
- Ensure events are set up correctly in ticketing system prior to on-sale
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting required
- 6+ years of project or cost accounting experience (or similar financial experience) preferred, Entertainment Industry preferred
- 4+ years management experience is required, including managing, developing and leading teams as well as optimizing and reorganizing teams to most effectively meet business needs
- Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills
- Proficient technical skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Knowledge in ERP and consolidation systems such as Oracle and SAP
- Experience in monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes within a large public company
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
- May work in drastic temperature climates
- Must be willing to work during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.