Manager – Finance Opeations
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Manager of Finance Ops monitors productivity and premium labor costs for assigned California Region hospitals. Develops strategies to reduce costs while maintaining appropriate staffing levels based on hospital census. Partners with corporate accounting, decision support, and corporate finance to ensure that hospital leadership has information necessary to make decisions. Participates in hospital operations performance improvement initiatives.
- Maintains appropriate oversight of staffing and labor costs, ensuring productivity meets guidelines for adjusted daily census. Optimizes daily staffing of assigned hospitals.
- Collaborates with leadership and Regional Director to identify and mitigate costs.
- Identifies processes/areas to help achieve hospital/organization performance improvement goals.
- Conducts deeper dives, completes root cause analysis, and makes performance improvement recommendations.
- Evaluates productivity (FTE/AADC) and bridge targets at each assigned hospital.
- Compares salary & wages against adjusted admissions, and works with administration to understand and identify strategies to address variances.
- Partners with corporate finance and decision support to ensure all routine reports, such as labor metrics, premium dollars, incremental OT & DT, etc., are produced and distributed to leadership in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in employee retention efforts with Administrators, CNO’s and Human Resources.
- Works with registry vendors to ensure assigned hospitals are receiving contracted rates. Addresses all registry issues in a timely manner.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree with two (2) years of hospital experience or Master’s of Business Administration (MBA).
Minimum Experience: Experience with business analytics concepts and techniques (pivot tables, databases, queries, etc)
Req. Certification/Licensure: Valid California Driver’s License and reliable/insured vehicle.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Finance, Corporate, Finance Ops, Finance Operations